Serve Activate (Last Update 04/12/2016)
- Allows a AMEX customer to access a Serve Card account online in a few short steps
- Please have a valid email address on hand as one will be needed in order to activate the Serve card online (any issued that arise during the activation process can be directed to a AMEX customer care agent at 1-800-954-0559)
- Password and Email address retrieval options are available
- The Serve card is considered a Full Service Re-loadable Prepaid Card issued by American Express | 200 Vesey Street, New York, NY 10285 | 212-640-2000
Since the Serve card is NOT a credit card it requires no credit check, no minimum balance and does not charge the customer any hidden fees that credit cards are sometimes known for. The Serve card will not hurt or harm a credit score and members can add cash to the card at any CVS/pharmacy, Family Dollar, Walmart, and participating 7-ELEVEN locations.
Serve Card FAQ
- Comes with a straight forward $1 monthly fee (please note this fee is waived if the members lives in the state of Texas, New York or Vermont)
- The $1 monthly fee is ALSO waived if the Serve card member adds $500 or more into the account during a given month OR sign up to have a direct deposit made into the account OR link the Serve Card in the Mobile Wallet
- Currently the Serve card offers no cash reload servie locations in the US Virgin Islands
- ATM transactions at Money Pass ATM’s are free but all other ATM’s will incur a $2.50 fee
- Direct deposit is and will always be free
American Express Serve Service and Card are provided and issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. The Serve card is considered one of the better pre paid cards on the market today with its ease of load and boatload of travel related promotion/offers. The Serve card member can also download the popular American Express Serve Mobile App where they can pay a bill, check an account balance or send money from their mobile phone.