SBR Fee Settlement
- Claims can be filed on the web or by mail
- Important dates apply to the settlement
- Settlement Administrator can be contacted
Charges or fees associated with receiving a service tend to get on people’s’ nerves. When customers believe the charges or fees were applied in an unfair manner things can quickly escalate to whole new level of frustration. Perhaps this type of feeling is behind the filing of the All-South Subcontractors, Inc., et al. v Sunbelt Rentals, Inc. class action lawsuit. The suit alleges that the Defendant charged and collected Pay On Return Refueling Charges and Transportation Surcharges which were in excess of its costs for providing them. The Plaintiffs claim that such acts breached contracts and violated certain state statutory laws. It should be pointed out that the Defendant denies any wrongdoing nor has the Court found that Sunbelt did anything wrong. However, both sides have agreed to a settlement in order to avoid the costs and risks associated with taking the case to trial. Class Members can begin the online claim filing process by going to the SBR Fee Settlement page and clicking the Claim Form tab.
I’m with ya so far. Please continue!
- The deadline by which claims must be filed is 75 days after the court’s final approval
- October 19th, 2017 is the filing deadline for both exclusion requests and objections
- The court hearing to decide on the approval is scheduled for November 2nd, 2017
- Those who take no action will receive nothing and release Sunbelt from all claims
The Defendant has agreed to establish a settlement fund of $10,000,000 to be used to pay Class Members who submit timely and valid claims. Any court approved attorney’s fees, class representative incentive awards, administration costs, and reimbursed litigation expenses will be paid from this fund. At this time it’s not possible to determine how much any individual Class Member may receive from the settlement. Class Members with questions may want to review the information found under the FAQ tab of the SBR Fee Settlement page. Those who prefer live over the phone assistance can reach out directly to the Settlement Administrator.
SBR Fee Settlement Administrator
- 1801 Market Street, Suite 660, Philadelphia, PA 19103