- Yes, OptOutPreScreen is a legit website and allows a user to opt in or opt out of credit card and insurance offers
- Customer who elect to opt out will not receive offers for inclusion on lists used for Firm Offers of credit or insurance for a period of five years time
- The site/service is administered by Opt Out Services LLC – Opt-Out Department PO Box 2033, A Rock Island, IL 61204-2033 or by phone at 1–888–567–8688
The opt out list includes firms recognized by the Consumer Credit Reporting Companies, Equifax, Experian, Innovis and TransUnion. Customers also have the option to Opt Out permanently by making a written request and signing a Permanent Opt-Out Election form. Customers also have the option to Opt In to receive credit card and insurance offers that they previously asked rejected.
Benefits of Opting In?
- Compare a variety of offers to determine which is best
- Consumers learn about and have an opportunity to take advantage of offers that may not be available to the general public
- Customers are given a choice and are not limited to one or two offers
Benefits of Opting Out?
- Avoid bothersome what some people consider “junk mail”
- Helps reduces paper consumption
- Many people do not need more than one credit card
It should be noted that opting out will not help improve a consumers credit score and do not help reduce insurance rates. People under the age of 13 are not allowed to request a opt out and the Consumer Credit Reporting Companies do not knowingly maintain credit files on minor children. OptOutPrescreen is the only internet website authorized by Equifax, Experian, Innovis and TransUnion for consumers to Opt-Out of firm offers of credit or insurance. Please note that this website is not made to help prevent credit card or insurance fraud. Anyone suspecting fraud should contact the Federal Trade Commission Consumer Response Center at Room 130 600 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20580.