LADWP Billing Settlement
- Online claim filing process is available
- Important settlement deadlines apply
- Objections and exclusions must be mailed
It’s not difficult to conclude that the average person doesn’t like be charged more than their fair share. Following that same logic, it is also not difficult to conclude that when this takes place the end result just may be a class action lawsuit. Jones v. City of Los Angeles has recently come to settlement terms resolving allegations that the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) over billed customers due to the defective implementation of the LADWP’s new Customer Care and Billing system. The decision on whether or not these allegations are valid has not been made by the court as both parties have agreed to settle the matter prior to trial. Individuals who may be entitled to LADWP Billing Settlement benefits include LADWP customers who were overcharged for electric, water, sewage, or sanitation services or were otherwise damaged from billing practices between the dates of September 3, 2013 and December 30, 2016. Those who participated in the LADWP’s solar incentive program from February 13, 2010 may also be entitled to compensation.
Anything else I need to know about the LADWP Billing Settlement?On this topic: Brief instructions to Dollar Tree feedback questionnaire. Check out dollartreefeedback.com survey
- June 5th, 2017 is the last day a Claim Form can be submitted (for all Settlement Class Members with the exception of Field Work Customers)
- Field Work Customers will have 60 days from date of Field Work Determination Letter to file a claim for their LADWP Billing Settlement
- Those who wish to retain their rights to their own suit can opt out of the settlement by sending a written request postmarked by June 5th, 2017
- The final decision on whether or not to approve the LADWP Billing Settlement will be made at the Final Approval Hearing on July, 7th 2017
Exclusion requests and mailed Claim Forms must be sent directly to the Claims Administrator. Those who has questions regarding the settlement can contact the Claim Administrator directly by phone. Customers who have non-Settlement related inquiries about a utility bill or an account can call the LADWP at 800-DIAL-DWP.
LADWP Billing Settlement Claim Administrator
- PO Box 43449, Providence, Rhode Island 02940-3449