- Payments can be made after signing in
- Information found on statement is needed
- Password location assistance is available
Getting hit with a bill from the emergency room is bad enough as it is without letting it slip into default and into the hands of the debt collectors. Those who want to pay their bill as soon as possible (and thus avoid the annoying calls from the debt collectors) can do so by getting online and going to the ER Statement portal. Once at the online portal patients will need to refer to a copy of their statement to locate a Client Account Number and a Password. After both pieces of information are located they can be entered into the fields provided at the ER Statement portal prior to hitting Login button. Patients who complete the login process will be able to quickly discard of their statement balance along with any chance they will be visited by the pesky debt collectors.
What about security?On this topic: Important notes to use to your Dollar Tree Customer Feedback Survey. Check out more about dollar tree survey rules
- When logging in patients should verify that the online statement corresponds to the paper statement received in the mail
- Patients should confirm that their name and address are correct (the legitimate party will have their information on file)
- ER Statement representatives will never send an email requesting validation of personal information (SSN, DOB, etc)
Those who are having a hard time locating their Password can refer to the sample ER statement image by clicking the link posted underneath the login fields. The password can either be located in the black shaded box on the upper right hand corner of the statement (below the credit card payment box) or in the black shaded box in the center section of the statement. Patients who have questions or concerns regarding their account security are encourage to immediately dial 877-346-2455.