Anthem TCPA Settlement
- Provides information in regards to a lawsuit where consumers charged Anthem Blue Cross with charging an illegal fee for paper billing statements
- The settlement provides relief to over 600,000 clients and $4 million in refunds
- The improper billing took place between the years 2007 and 2012 according to the terms of the lawsuit
Plantiffs in the Anthem Lawsuit claim that Anthem Blue Cross charged an unjust fee of $2 for customers to receive paper bills instead of more convient payment methods such as online billing. Anthem denied all wrong doing but agreed to settle to avoid a lengthy court battle. Class members in the case are officially defined as anyone who was charged a $2 fee associated with paperless billing between September 27, 2007 through December 10, 2012.
Anthem Blue Cross
- California-based health insurance provider
- Owned and operated by Wellpoint
- Has net incomes in the billions
Anthem Blue Cross serves the states of Colorado, Connecticut, Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Missouri (excluding 30 counties in the Kansas City area), Nevada, New Hampshire, Ohio, Virginia (excluding the Northern Virginia suburbs of Washington, D.C.), and Wisconsin.
Anthem can be reached at their corporate headquarters by mail Anthem Headquarters 120 Monument Circle Indianapolis, IN 46204 or by phone (317) 488-6000.