Scientists think they may have discovered why thousands of penguins who get stranded on South American coasts are predominantly female. Neil and Tom teach you the language the media is using to discuss this story.
Key words and phrases
travel somewhere dangerous or unknown
• The penguins left the land to venture into the sea in search of food.
• We plan to increase annual profits by venturing into the Asian market.
make someone or something very tired
• Long car journeys can exhaust children.
• Can we stop walking for a while? I’m exhausted!
being moved somewhere by water
• There’s always rubbish washing up on this beach! We need to clean it!
• The sailors were rescued after their boat washed up at a nearby port.
[Cover: Getty Images]
Visit our website for more details and a quiz: http://www.bbc.com/learningenglish/english/course/newsreview/unit-8/session-72
Learning English is easy! Improve your English with our free English videos and lessons on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and English exams.
Please use English when you comment.
For more free English lessons and videos visit our website: http://www.bbclearningenglish.com