A new study says tourism accounts for 8% of global carbon emissions – about three times more than previously estimated.
The report, published in the journal Nature, includes details on the carbon footprint linked to tourists’ food, shopping and accommodation as well as their travel.
stopping from breathing
• It looked like he was choking. Probably because he was eating too fast.
• Throughout the holiday, the roads were choked with cars.
travelling frequently worldwide
• The globetrotting basketball team became internationally renowned.
• Globetrotting is a great life, but it’s hard to start a family.
cost the earth
be very expensive
• It’s a beautiful dress, but it costs the earth. I certainly can’t afford it.
• The wedding cost them the earth, but you can’t put a price on love.
[Cover image: GETTY IMAGES]
Find out more http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/course/newsreview/unit-1/session-37
Do you want to learn how to speak English? Then join us here on YouTube for great grammar, drama, news, study, pronunciation, vocabulary, music, interviews and celebrity videos. Every day we have a new video to help you with English. We also produce regular ‘extra’ videos across the week so come back every day to see what’s new.
MONDAY: The English We Speak
TUESDAY: News Review
TUESDAY: English At Work
THURSDAY: 6 Minute English
FRIDAY: The Experiment (watch this space for new and exciting content that we are trying out!)
We like receiving and reading your comments – please use English when you comment.
For more videos and content that will help you learn English, visit our website: http://www.bbclearningenglish.com