Singapore’s aviation regulator says it has temporarily suspended the operation of all variants of the Boeing 737 Max 8 aircraft in its airspace following two fatal accidents, the most recent on Sunday, involving an Ethiopian Airlines jet that killed 157 people.
Key words and phrases:
stops or pauses
• The school automatically suspends any pupil who is caught taking or selling drugs.
• Factory operations have been suspended over health and safety concerns.
suitable and safe for flying
• By modern standards, the first aeroplanes ever designed were barely airworthy.
• Sorry sir, but your car is unroadworthy. Please park it and take public transport.
• Despite mounting production costs, the product made a profit.
• Children’s excitement often mounts as Christmas gets closer.
Visit our website for more details and a quiz: http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/course/newsreview/unit-9/session-81
Learning English is easy! Improve your English with our free English videos and lessons on grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation and English exams.
Please use English when you comment.
For more free English lessons and videos visit our website: http://www.bbclearningenglish.com