23 and Me Settlement
- Election Form can be filed online or by mail
- Compensation available via cash or certificate
- Administrator can be contacted with questions
It’s not everyday a class action arbitration allows Class Members to choose between 2 different forms of compensation. However, that appears to be exactly what is happening with the recent settlement of the case titled Davis-Hudson, et al. v. 23andMe, Inc. The settlement provides eligible Class Members with the choice of receiving a certificate good for $40 off the price of a 23 and Me Genetic Testing Kit or $12.50 in cash compensation for each Personal Genome Service (PGS) that was purchased. Those who would rather have the certificate can kick back and do nothing as the certificate will be sent automatically. However, those who opt for the cold hard cash will need to file an Election Form to receive compensation. Those who want to file the Election Form online can do so by going to the 23 and Me Settlement page and clicking the Submit Election Form tab.
More on the 23 and Me Settlement
- Filed over allegations the Defendant sold PGS’s based on inaccurate or misleading info
- PGS’s must have been bought between October 16th, 2007 and November 22nd, 2013
- The Defendant denies any wrongdoing and no ruling has been made on the allegations
- Exclusions requests must be post-marked no later than the October 29th, 2017 deadline
- December 6th, 2017 is the date by which Election Forms must be filed (online or mail)
Those who plan on filing the Election Form via mail must should make sure that it is post-marked on or before the December 6th, 2017 deadline and sent directly to the Settlement Administrator. Those with questions about the settlement may want to browse through the FAQs posted at the top of the 23 and Me Settlement page. The Settlement Administrator can be contacted by those who don’t find what they need in the FAQs.
Settlement Administrator Contact Information
- PO BOX 404000, Louisville, KY 40233-4000
- [email protected]