Anne Wojcicki, CEO of 23andMe, spent a decade in healthcare and biotechnology before launching the DNA testing and analysis company in 2006. Her goal was twofold: to help individuals learn more about their own genetics, enabling them to pursue more personalized medical care, and to create a database of genetic information for commercial and academic researchers to promote broader improvements to the healthcare system. She speaks with HBR’s Editor-in-Chief Adi Ignatius about tackling challenges in an emerging industry.
This episode is from May 20, 2021.
Listen to all IdeaCast episodes here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzAU8TPKsJuaxff5Cp0P2DKE_tFyaWOOa
You can also listen to this episode on HBR.org, and wherever you listen to podcasts:
– HBR.org (transcript available here): https://hbr.org/podcast/2021/05/ceo-series-23andmes-anne-wojcicki-on-scientific-breakthroughs-and-public-trust
– Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/ceo-series-23andmes-anne-wojcicki-on-scientific-breakthroughs/id152022135?i=1000522819828c
– Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/episode/4sNOZtOWT8UaVuTzvBhrql?si=EBp4B9Y2QU-V22KoxdJNyQ
– Stitcher: https://www.stitcher.com/show/hbr-ideacast/episode/ceo-series-23andmes-anne-wojcicki-on-scientific-breakthroughs-and-public-trust-84103562
– Google Podcasts: https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cDovL2ZlZWRzLmhhcnZhcmRidXNpbmVzcy5vcmcvaGFydmFyZGJ1c2luZXNzL2lkZWFjYXN0/episode/dGFnOmF1ZGlvLmhici5vcmcsMjAwNi0wNS0wODppZGVhY2FzdC4wNzk2?sa=X&ved=0CAIQuIEEahcKEwiokZDx-N38AhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQLA
A weekly podcast featuring the leading thinkers in business and management.
About Harvard Business Review:
Harvard Business Review is the leading destination for smart management thinking. Through its flagship magazine, books, and digital content and tools published on HBR.org, Harvard Business Review aims to provide professionals around the world with rigorous insights and best practices to help lead themselves and their organizations more effectively and to make a positive impact. Learn more at www.hbr.org.
00:00 – Intro
1:25 – A Customer-First Approach to Business Development
6:53 – Customer Data and Public Trust
12:27 – Takeaways from Anne’s Journey
17:16 – Audience Questions
19:06 – What’s Next for Genetic Research and Healthcare?
23:37 – Outro
Follow Harvard Business Review: https://hbr.org/ https://www.linkedin.com/company/harv… https://www.facebook.com/HBR/ https://twitter.com/HarvardBiz https://www.instagram.com/harvard_bus…
Sign up for Newsletters: https://hbr.org/email-newsletters
#HarvardBusinessReview #business #management
Copyright © 2022 Harvard Business School Publishing. All rights reserved.
Dr Abiola on YouTube is my savior. I thought all hope was lost after I was diagnosed with HIV virus.
I was recommended to Dr Abiola for a complete cure and it worked out for me …