Boeing are going to stop making its 737 Max airliner from January. The planes have been grounded for nine months after two crashes caused the deaths of more than 300 people.
stop suddenly or abruptly
• The company has said it will freeze all pay increases.
• The train company froze all services for safety reasons.
keep quiet (about something)
• Margo tried to remain mum about the surprise party!
• Rob stayed mum about eating the last biscuit.
something that continuously makes money
• Parking fines are a real cash cow for local government.
• The Star Wars franchise is a cash cow.
Which word means ‘a plane that’s been stopped from flying’?
To get the answer and download an audio version, go here http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningenglish/english/course/newsreview/unit-12/session-121
For more English videos and English lessons to help you learn English: www.bbclearningenglish.com
We like receiving and reading your comments – please use English when you comment.